Gregory

Gregory

Friday, September 30, 2011

Ugh!


So today my mommy's heart is a little weary. I think I do  pretty good for the most part . . . not letting Gregory's things get to me . . . I feel bad saying that because our problems could be so much worse . . . but every once in awhile I feel sad or want to have a pitty party for myself. The 2 main things that get me down are the "alone-ness" of all this if thats even a word. And Gregory not being known as the "nice" kid.

By "alone-ness" I mean . . . so many things . . . to how much certain foods are just apart of living life and certain foods define us as humans and define our experiences and memories and Gregory won't have those. I know he doesn't know any different. Not being able to just give him anything and experience all those fun first tastes with him. To never know the taste of an oreo. And then just how that singles him out in life. And in situations. I dunno. I'm just rambeling.

By the other I mean . . . I can deal with the "different kid" or the "weird kid" or the "slow kid". But my personality has a hard time dealing with having the "mean kid". I know kids will be kids . . . . but more than a handful of times being at Gregory's school a kid will go to their parent and say, "Thats Gregory. He's mean." or the parent will tell me how their child goes home and talks about how Gregory needs to be more nice. This in its self is crazy to me because I can't even imagine Gregory have the vocabular ability to even express that to me at home about a kid in his class that just reminds me how low his vocab is. Ugh! Anyways, this too shall pass. It can only get better right? Yesterday his teacher almost had to call me to come get him he was behaving so bad. Today he was great! I am a happy mommy.

Thanks for listening . . . who ever you are.

2 comments:

  1. Dearest Meliss,

    I cannot take away your pain, but I can listen if you want to share. I hear your words with an ear to listen, a hand to hold, a heart to share, a friend who cares, don't hesitate to call. There are better times ahead. love, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi its sarah darceys mum, i can totally relate its the simple things like no oreos that concern me for darceys future and her 'missing out'. My heart goes out to you, i dont know gregory personally but can tell what an fantastic boy he is from your blog, please dont listen or get worked up about what people might or might not be saying about him, to hell with them, people are too quick to judge!.

    Just remember gregory is a special and unique little man, if anything he'll probably be healthier from having a diet void of dairy,some people choose it! x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...